With the festival season kicking in and more and more of us embracing the natural and green living; let’s all take the pledge to making smarter purchases for supporting the environment. Boost your festive celebration and adopt the natural path to living by reducing waste, reusing and recycling. The festival season demands you to touch each heart by adding shades of green to your home decor!
1. Start a green decor trend: With guests coming in and out of your house, motivate them with your personal style and green touches of decor. Make use of recycled goods as showpieces, giving your home a rather rustic look and feel. For all you know, they could be moved enough to embrace green living themselves.
2. Green Gifting: The festive season comes with a tradition of exchanging gifts and warm wishes! This year, be the change you want to see in the world. Move from the conventional gifting pattern and create your own little organic hamper of gifts for your loved ones. You could fill the organic basket with natural skin care products, yoga products, organic clothes and natural aromatherapy oils to help them reap the benefits of natural and pure living on this auspicious occasion of joy.
3. Avoid artificial products: This is the time of the year that comes with a bandwagon of artificial products to purchase. Celebrate and enjoy your festival without these artificial products such as artificial make up products, artificial lighting, etc. Opt for organic make up products and in the case of artificial lighting, resort to organic lighting such as Eco Diwali diyas and candles to set the aura of a clean, green festival!
4. Gift a tree: On an auspicious festival like this, you can plant small saplings and gift a tree. This unconventional yet thoughtful gift will score you extra brownie points and give a nudge to your folks to take up green decor in their house as well. In addition, it will help keep the atmosphere in your home pure and untainted. This will certainly ignite and inspire your family and friends to GO GREEN themselves!
5. Repurpose and Reuse: Decorating your house becomes a must when you have hordes of relatives and friends stopping by to exchange gifts and wishes. Here is your chance to impress them! Repurpose and reuse waste articles to create colorful streamers and wall hangings. Indulging in creating these handmade decorations can be turned into a fun activity by involving your family and friends.
Going green is a wise decision one makes to get in harmony with Mother Nature as well as embrace a better and healthy lifestyle. And what time is better than a festival? Take the extra efforts and make the difference as wise Benjamin Franklin quoted, “When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.” So, let’s join forces and become responsible citizens this festive season. You can make a difference and motivate others to do the same. Have a Green and Happy Festive season ahead!